Featured on the BBC - Inspirational painting, drawing, stone carving/sculpture, print making and creative writing courses in Umbria, Italy.
We offer week-long courses at the most beautiful times of year in Umbria!Our all inclusive 2016 course prices start at £985* per person per week and include:
- Expert tuition from celebrated artists
- All Art Materials, two excursions and meal at local restaurant, Food, Aperitivi, Bar!
- Complimentary accommodation
MANY NEW COURSES FOR 2016/2017
DUE TO LAST MINUTE CANCELLATION DUE TO ILLNESS WE HAVE 1 PLACE LEFT FOR GRAHAME BOOTH'S WEEK IN VENICE. CONTACT US NOW!
SIMON KEELEY 2 PLACES LEFT FOR AUGUST 3RD!
Don't hesitate to contact us and book!
NEW FOR 2017! MARRAKESH, GRANADA, SEVILLE, BARCELONA
VENICE - with Grahame Booth - ONE PLACE LEFT!
Beginners introduction to drawing, watercolours and oils.
Aimed at the total novice who wants to try their hand at drawing, watercolour and oil painting.
Everything that Arte Umbria always offers included in the price.
See the Course Dates and Prices page to book and contact us for further details.
Painting, drawing, creative writing and stone carving courses in Italy
As seen on the BBC, our home, Tenuta di Poggiolame, is the venue for our painting, drawing and creative writing courses, which are designed to suit all levels of skill. We are NOT a hotel, it is our private home, and we are just lucky enough to have this wonderful place that we make open to people to come and enjoy learning, be inspired and explore their creative potential. As a guest in our home, this gives a more personal touch to the weeks and usually results in a house party atmosphere. We aim to offer every comfort and have a private chef. Our home is set in the Umbrian hills, overlooking the Cetona peaks and close to the Tuscany and Lazio borders and nestles in it's own private 220 acre estate. We promise the BEST practising artists offering you the VERY best of their skills!
All of the courses are designed to make painting, drawing and creative writing a pleasure in a totally relaxed environment and our tutors aim to motivate and encourage students to realise their potential, discover their own style and explore new media or writing genre.
The estate of Poggiolame is within easy reach of Orvieto and other beautiful towns - Assisi, Siena, but only 90 minutes from Rome or Florence and the Piero della Francesca Trail.
This is our home. A friendly, informal atmosphere pervades the courses so that people of all levels of skill can mix and relax. We aim to provide all comforts.
We welcome, at a discounted rate, non-participating partners and friends of our students, who just want to holiday and soak up the atmosphere.
We are also able to offer bespoke art and culture holidays for groups of 8 or more. Please contact us directly for more details.
No extra charges for single travellers!The fees charged are for temporary membership of Arte Umbria Circolo Ricreativo (Codice Fiscale No. 90017030553). The fees cover all tutoring, collection and return to Perugia airport or Fabro-Ficulle railway station. Complimentary accommodation in our private house, use of all house facilities and pool. Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner with wine and drinks at the bar. All materials, use of equipment such as easels, chairs and any specified excursions.
All guests may have their own private double bedroom.
For Non-Participants we can arrange separate excursions to towns, shopping, gourmet wine and olive oil tasting experiences with our friend Marchesi Lorenzo at the castle, walking tours and truffle and mushroom hunting on the estate.
Or you can just sit by the pool with a glass of vino and chill whilst your partner is being creative!
If you decide to do oil paintings and they are not dry, we can arrange to have them sent sent them back to you for the price of the postage.
We can also organise Italian Conversation and Cookery Classes to suit you! Contact us for further details.
Click here to see Booking Form for dates and rates.
The course prices for 2016 start at £985* per student and include:
- Complimentary accommodation for the week in our 18th century private home and membership of the Circolo
- All meals - delicious Italian/International cuisine from a professional chef, including aperitivi, wine with meals and refreshments - plus we take you to a local restaurant to sample typical Umbrian cuisine
- All tuition and Art materials (oils, water colours, stone, tools, acrylics, pastel, pens, inks, paper, canvases - everything you could need)
- Use of bulkier equipment such as drawing boards, palettes, easels and stools
- Pick up from / drop off to Perugia airport or Fabro-Ficulle railway station.
- Trips for sketching and photography to surrounding beautiful towns and locations
- Professionally laundered bed linen and towels
*Please see our courses page and booking form for more details of course prices
The price of your art holiday does NOT include:
- The cost of your travel arrangements to Italy
- Personal travel and health insurance
- Any extra trips, tours, language or cookery courses arranged at your request during the holiday nor taxi rides for extra excursions at your request, nor hospital or medical appointments, prescriptions and medications.